DISTRICT 11 BUSINESS MEETING
The following information is a written record of the business meeting. Any amendments of
previous minutes shall appear below.
Open at 7:00pm
Beginning balance $623.08
There were 2 deposits for a total of $1,448.93
Total balance of $1,852.56
The motion to accept report was seconded and passed
-Minutes read by Peter (webmaster)
Motion to accept minutes as read was seconded and passed.
Michael read a report he made at November Area Assembly.
Area Assembly Motions and Announcements:
1. There was a motion to amend Area Guidelines to allow non-voting members to address the microphone. (Tabled to bring back to groups.)
2. There was a motion to allow fellowship to borrow Translation Equipment. (Motion passed)
3. There was a motion made by corrections to fund regional coordinators to 2 areas. (This motion was withdrawn)
4. There was an old business motion that would allow Area Co-Chairs to vote. (This motion failed)
5. There was a motion to adjust area budget to allow for funding for Regional Trustee to PRAASA. (This motion passed.)
6. The elected Area Alternate Chair stepped down prior to assuming her seat and the Area has a vacancy to be filled at February Assembly.
Report from a Corrections Coordinator (Patty):
1. The Coffee Creek facility still doesn’t have all of the vonlunteer positions filled…
2. Our very own Curtis is the new NW Corrections Coordinator, and he has 5 facilities.
3. There is a Corrections Prerelease Program to allow newly released people to have an AA contact on the outside. Fill out form and send it to the enclosed address.
*There was a mention that our Intergroup Rep has not been active.
-Intergroup was held Monday the 11th. They are currently at their budget goal and they had higher than expected contributions.
-Intergroup will need a new treasurer as of next month.
-There was plenty of discussion particularly concerning expenditures for “special workers”.
-They will be expecting an increase in rent which will be totaling at $25,000.00 in the 2014 projected budget.
-Hotline Committee still needs volunteers to fill 6pm-11pm daily and 5pm-11pm daily.
-There was about 370 requests year to date for bridging the gap.
Intergroup Report cont’d…:
-Treatment Chair at intergroup is vacant.
-There are consistently about 1500 hits per month. Averaging about 30-40 hits daily.
-Committee met this month for the Unity Picnic.
-We need someone to head the committee for food.
-We need someone to be in charge of set up and clean up at URS club.
-Ron H. will be the speaker.
-Next Committee will be Saturday November 23rd, 2013 at 1:15pm at ECAC.
Bi Laws Report:
-DCM requested that we push to move towards adoption of the Bi Laws as they are on our website.
-Alyce I. was elected as our new Grapevine Rep.
-DCM asked that we announce a vacancy for Public Information Chair and CPC Chair.
-Next District meeting will be December 26th, 2013.
-There was a discussion regarding the need for an Alternate Secretary.
District 11 Business Meeting Minutes
Keep up on what's happening at District 11 business meetings by taking a look at the minutes. The minutes are posted the following Thursday after the meeting is held and summarize everything that was discussed, including final decisions that were made and any motions that were tabled for further discussions.
DISTRICT 11 Business MEETING schedule
Last Thursday of the
month— 7:00 PM
17200 SE Stark St.
All are invited to attend!